Friday, February 8, 2008

1st Blog

Welcome to the blog for my store Vaudeville Vintage. We have two online locations...There's Vaudeville Vintage on Etsy and then there's Vaudeville Vintage & Collectibles on eBay. We mostly carry Retro 50's & 60's vintage merchandise. I go to estate, yard, garage, courtyard, alley and warehouse sales, sales in bars and antique stores that have closed, flea-markets, antiques malls and thrift stores to try and find vintage and collectible items from the Atomic Age! And I still have a hard time getting enough merchandise! I know I'm at least a little too particular. But for one thing, I'm not going to sell you anything chipped. And another reason is, I LOVE the eras and periods of design that my store items are from: Atomic Age, Mid Century Modern, Tiki/Polynesian, Retro Lounge & Cocktail Culture, and sometimes a little MOD. So I try very hard to only carry items that represent those aesthetics. I usually go to buy merchandise every other Saturday. This is only the second blog entry and I'm still kind of setting up and re-arranging my blog page. So please be patient and check back. I'd love to hear from anyone who reads this, your comments and emails are welcome! And if you want me to keep an eye out for a certain kind of retro vintage item on my next outing, I'd be happy to go on a treasure hunt for you. I have a lot more in the works for this blog page, photos, blog entries, new merchandise, favorite items and I'm thinking of a way to promote other etsy vintage sellers. So leave a comment, drop a suggestion in the box, drop a line, drop a dime? Give a HOLLA!

No comments:

Post a Comment